A delicious melt in your mouth cookie made with lots of almond meal and rolled in powdered sugar.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- ¾ cups almond meal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- confectioners sugar for dusting
Preheat to 375 degrees. Sift almond meal into a medium bowl.
Cream the butter in a stand mixer. Pour in vanilla and salt. Add powdered sugar, mixing until fluffy.
Add in almond meal, then add the flour gradually until incorporated into a dough.
Form dough into crescent, rod, or ball shapes. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake for about 10 -12 minutes or until cookies are a very light golden brown.
Let cool slightly.
Sift confectioners sugar over cookies. You can also roll them to cover for a sweeter, more powdery texture.
- You can sub in ground walnuts if desired. They're less easy to come by if you don't have a nut grinder but so delicious!
- Try toasting the almond meal just a bit before using. it will definitely add some depth of flavor, just don't forget to let it cool first!
- Make sure to roll in powdered sugar as soon as the cookies come out of the oven, they need to be hot for the sugar to stick.
- Rotate cookie sheet half way through baking to get a more even color on the cookies.
Serving: 2cookies | Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1.3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 0.3mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 6g | Iron: 0.2mg