Eggnog, quintessential Christmas cocktail is filled with spiced rum, bourbon, lots of creamy goodness, and it's a thousand times better than anything store-bought.
For the Eggnog:
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200g
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- 1 cup bourbon 235mL
- 1/2 cup spiced rum 118mL
- 1 cup cream 235mL
- 2 cups whole milk 470mL
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
Separate eggs yolks and egg whites.
In the egg yolk bowl, combine sugar and vanilla paste. Whisk together.
Add bourbon and rum. Whisk until combined.
Add cream and whole milk.
Whisk, then refrigerate.
Whip egg whites.
Fold whipped egg whites into mixture and serve.
Add a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- NOTHING beats making this a day ahead is a great idea. All of the flavors will have more time to blend together and you're be less busy the day of. Just reserve the egg whites and whip them before serving then whisk them in just before serving.
- You can use less of the meringue if you'd like a denser, less frothy drink. If you have some of the drink left over I highly recommend using it to make eggnog cupcakes or my delicious eggnog sheet cake!
- Play around with the spices used. pour a sample drink out and experiment away. A dash or cardamom or allspice might make all the difference to you!
- You can totally use brandy in place of the bourbon if you're a fan.
Serving: 1drink | Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 419mg | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 330mg | Iron: 0.4mg