Spinach Artichoke Pasta
Easy, creamy and delicious Artichoke Pasta with mushrooms and spinach. Don't forget to check out our step by step photos and tips above!
Servings 8 people
- 4 tbsp butter divided
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts cut into manageable pieces
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp fresh thyme minced
- 1 cup gouda shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan grated
- Cooked Pasta
Start by making a roux. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan, add 2 tablespoons to flour and whisk over medium heat for about a minute.
Whisk in the cream and stock. Add salt, pepper, paprika, and balsamic vinegar. Remove from heat and set aside.
Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a large pan and melt over medium high heat. Add the finely diced onion. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened.
Add garlic, mushrooms and thyme and cook until garlic is softened, making sure to stir so nothing burns.
Add in spinach and stir until all is wilted then add artichokes.
Remove from heat, add cheeses, and pour in about half of the sauce. Stir everything together to distribute the ingredients and melt the cheese. Set aside.
Serve over cooked pasta with some shaved Parmesan and enjoy!
- If you're not a fan of mushrooms you can leave them out or replace them with a vegetable you do like.
- Make sure you cook the spinach until just wilted and no longer or it will release too much water and become soggy.
- You can also use frozen spinach but be sure to thaw it and squeeze out any excess water first.
- If your sauce is a little on the thick side then add a splash of reserved pasta water 1 tbsp at a time until you reach a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Any kind of noodles will work well in this recipe but I recommend sticking with a long noodle such as linguine, spaghetti, or fettuccine.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 298mg | Potassium: 43mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2000IU | Vitamin C: 11.6mg | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 2.5mg