The most delicious, fresh and virbrant Beet Hummus that's perfect for snacking. Don't forget to check out our step by step photos and tips above!
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cans beets 400g, cooked
- 2 garlic cloves
- lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup tahini sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- pita bread or chips
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Mince the garlic.
Add beets, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, tahini sauce, salt and pepper to a blender.
Pour in olive oil while blender is on.
Blend until smooth.
Serve with pita bread or chips.
- Make sure to drain the canned beets very well before adding to the blender.
- If your beets are whole roughly chop them before blending.
- Add the olive oil slowly when the blender is on so the hummus becomes extra smooth and creamy in texture.
- If your hummus is too thick then add more olive oil or a splash of water until you reach the desired consistency.
- If your hummus is too thin and you prefer a chunky texture then you can add canned chickpeas or white beans such as cannellini to thicken it.
- Feel free to add different spices to taste such as cumin and sumac.
- You can also experiment with different ingredients such as jalapenos or cayenne pepper for a spicy kick or fresh cilantro.
- I often add 3 garlic cloves to this instead of 2, if you love the spiciness of fresh garlic then I recommend trying it!
Serving: 28g | Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2.5g | Sodium: 94mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.4mg