This spicy, sweet, and tangy jelly made from fresh jalapeños comes together in a snap and is great on just a bout everything!
Servings 64 servings
- 6 medium jalapeno peppers
- 3 cups sugar 710 mL
- 1 cup cider vinegar 236 mL
- 1 packet of ball liquid pectin
Take the tops of the peppers off, cut them in half and remove the pith and seeds.
Put the cleaned peppers into a food processor.
Add half of the vinegar.
Process until liquified, then pour the liquid into a pot.
In a pan, add sugar. Pour in vinegar, stir and melt.
Add the peppers. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes stirring frequently
After, turn the heat down to add the packet of liquid pectin, stir, and bring back to a hard boil for 1 minute.
Pour the jam into jars and let them set to room temperature.
- If you want more of a kick then add in some spicier peppers like habanero or Thai chilis. You can blend them together with the jalapeños or slice thinly and mix in at the end.
- The vinegar imparts a wonderful tang but you can reduce it for a more sweet and spicy flavor profile.
- The jelly will become a golden color after cooking down. A few drops of green food coloring can be added to get a more verdant look.
- Steps to Make this Jelly
Serving: 1tbsp | Calories: 45kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Sodium: 35mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin C: 3mg