Brussel Sprout Salad
This crunchy super-flavorful brussel sprout salad features beautifully sweet pear slices, toasted pecans, and shaved parmesan, all coated in a zingy turmeric dressing infused with fresh thyme.
For the Salad
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts 454g
- 2 pears
- 1 cup toasted pecans 125g
- fresh parmesan
For the Dressing
- 1 tsp caraway seeds 2g
- pinch of turmeric
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar 45mL
- 2 tbsp honey 30mL
- 1/4 cup olive oil 60mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2g, heaping
- fresh thyme
For the Salad
Chop your brussel sprouts into very thin slices. The thinner the better. (Be careful and use your knuckles as a guard when you cut).
Cut away from the core of your pears. Cut the pears into thin slices.
For the Assembly
Toss all of your salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
Dress the salad and give it a toss.
Shave in as much parmesan as you’d like.
- To do this salad ahead make the dressing, prep the brussel sprouts, toast the pecans, add shaved parmesan to a plastic bag. Slice the pears before and toss together before serving.
- Dried cranberries will add a burst of sweetness and pop of color!
- I used apple cider vinegar but white wine or champagne vinegars will work as well.
- Crumbled goat cheese or pecorino Romano are nice substitutions for parmesan.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 60kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 219mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2.4g | Vitamin A: 280IU | Vitamin C: 42.1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.7mg