Easy, quick and comforting Shrimp Alfredo made with a lighter and healthier sauce with added bacon and peas. So delicious!
Servings 4 servings
- 8 oz. dried pasta such as linguini
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated smoked mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 cup 4% fat Greek yogurt such as Fage
Prepare pasta according to package directions for al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta, and set aside.
In a large skillet, add bacon. Heat over medium heat. Cook until crispy, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan using a slotted spoon, reserving drippings in skillet.
Add shrimp, garlic, salt, and pepper to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Add cheeses; stir until smooth. Stir in peas and zest.
Reduce heat to low; add pasta in batches, stirring to gently to combine; add pasta water a little at a time to thin sauce, if needed. Remove from heat; stir in Greek yogurt.
Top servings with reserved bacon, if desired.
- You can use fresh or frozen shrimp for this recipe just make sure they are thawed if frozen and peeled and deveined before use.
- To make this Alfredo extra light use reduced fat cream cheese and Greek yogurt. I like to use 4% Greek yogurt for the best balance of consistency and flavor.
- If you can't get smoked mozzarella you can use regular mozzarella or fontina cheese.
- I recommend using a long dried pasta shape for this recipe such as fettuccine or linguine.
- The fresh lemon zest really brings out the flavors of this dish and gives it a delicious freshness so don't skip it if possible.
- You can store leftovers in the fridge for around 1-2 days and it can be eaten cold but I recommend serving this immediately for best results.
Calories: 597kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 334mg | Sodium: 1638mg | Potassium: 472mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 570IU | Vitamin C: 26.2mg | Calcium: 483mg | Iron: 4mg