You'll love this creamed corn recipe, it's easy, quick and Delicious!
Servings 6 servings
- 4 cups corn kernels drained if canned, 3 cans?
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- ½ tsp salt plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
If using fresh corn cut the kernels from the cob then use a spoon to scrape the milky liquid from the cobs into a bowl. If using canned corn you'll need to rinse and drain the kernels. Frozen corn jut needs to be thawed.
Add the butter to a large skillet and melt over medium heat then stir in the flour and cook for about two minutes while mixing.
Mix in the corn then add the cream, milk, salt, pepper and sugar and stir. Cook while stirring until the mixture comes to a boil and boil for about a minute before removing from heat.
If you like a smoother creamed corn you can blend anywhere from a cup to the whole batch. If blending or processing a portion mix in when done to distribute.
- You can garnish with thyme, tarragon or parsley.
- This is a great make ahead dish for easy entertaining, you can make up to three days ahead and refrigerate then warm before serving.
- For added flavor you can add 1/3 cup or minced onion to the butter and cook until translucent then add the flour and continue the recipe as written.
- If using canned corn make sure to rinse and drain.
- Cans of corn will hold about 1 1 /2 cups of kernels so plan on using three cans for this recipe.
- The sugar can be omitted, especially if using sweet corn.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 471mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 840IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg