Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Soft, moist and delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread perfect for breakfast or a snack. Don't forget to check out my step by step photos and tips above!
Servings 12 servings
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour (215g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (6g)
- 1 tsp baking powder (4g)
- 1 tsp salt (6g)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (150g)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (113g) room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 3 bananas very ripe, mashed, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (170g)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5ml)
Preheat oven to 350F (180C) and grease a loaf pan.
Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl then whisk together and set aside.
Cream the butter then add the sugar and mix in high until well combined and lighter in color, about 3 minutes.
Mix in the eggs one at a time then beat in the vanilla extract. Mix in the mashed bananas then add the dry ingredients and fold together until almost combined.
Reserve a handful of the chocolate chips and add the rest to the batter. Fold in to distribute. Transfer batter into your prepared loaf pan, sprinkle the reserved chocolate chips on top.
Bake at 350F for about 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- If your bananas are not quite ripe yet then you can "ripen" them at home in the oven, see how to do this below.
- Don't overmix the batter or your bread will be too dense.
- Don't worry if your mashed bananas have some lumps in them they'll add a pop of flavor.
- Make sure your butter and eggs are both at room temperature for best results.
- Looking for variations? you can add in chopped walnuts or pecans for extra texture, it's delicious.
- If you'd like to make this into muffins be sure to check out my Banana chocolate chip muffins recipe.
- If you're not sure if your banana bread is ready you can insert a skewer into the middle of the loaf and if it comes out clean it's ready.
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 308IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg