This Whiskey Sour is a classic cocktail that only requires a few simple ingredients. Made with egg whites, this cocktail has a creamy smooth texture.
Servings 1 serving
- 2 oz bourbon 60mL
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice 22mL
- ½ oz simple syrup 15mL
- ½ oz egg white 14g, optional
- lemon peel
- maraschino cherry
Pour the bourbon, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup, and egg white into a cocktail shaker.
Close and shake vigorously.
Strain the drink into a coupe glass.
Garnish with lemon peel and maraschino cherry.
- It’s easier to separate the egg yolk from the egg whites when they’re cold.
- Make sure the shaker’s lid is on tight to avoid the lid popping off as the egg whites will expand and create foam.
- To make the Whiskey Sour even colder, you can chill your martini glasses in the freezer beforehand.
- Avoid adding crushed ice to the shaker as the ice will melt quicker and water down the cocktail.
- Don’t have a cocktail shaker? You can use a mason jar or any jar with a tight-fitting lid. You can use a mesh strainer to keep the ice in the jar.
- For a visual garnish, add a few drops of bitters to the top of the foam. Then run a toothpick through the drops to make a swirl pattern.
- It’s much easier to peel a lemon before you juice it.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 59mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg