This classic whiskey sour is made from scratch with fresh lemon juice simple syrup and a dash of egg has a full-bodied flavor, and lots of zing to compliment your favorite whiskey.
Servings 1 serving
- 2 oz bourbon 60mL
- 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice 22mL
- 1/2 oz simple syrup 15mL
- 1/2 oz egg white 14g, optional
- A few splashes of Angostura bitters
Pour the bourbon, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup and egg white into a cocktail shaker.
Close and shake vigorously.
Strain the drink into a coupe glass.
Add a few splashes of Angostura bitters.
You've got to use fresh lemon juice for this recipe. It really makes a difference!
If you want to make simple syrup:
- Add equal parts water and sugar to a pan.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and chill.
- This syrup can be stored for a week or so if properly refrigerated in a sealed container.
Serving: 1drink | Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 32mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin C: 8.3mg | Iron: 0.5mg