Shrimp Scampi Recipe
The Perfect summer dish! Shrimp, garlic, and lemon and a touch of white wine!
Servings 2 people
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds shelled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 pound Cooked spaghetti
In a large skillet heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for about a minute, making sure to stir.
Add in the lemon zest, wine, pepper and salt. Simmer until sauce is reduced to half.
Add in the shrimp and sauté until pink, about 2-4 minutes.
Stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
Serve over pasta.
Don't over-cook the shrimp. Just sear each side until that pink color comes out.
For best results use fresh shrimp and if you're buying frozen shrimp them make sure they're raw not cooked.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 730kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 249mg | Sodium: 650mg | Potassium: 394mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1200IU | Vitamin C: 20.6mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 4.5mg