Hot Fudge Sundae
An easy and delicious hot fudge sundae made from scratch! Top with your favorite toppings!
Servings 8 servings
For the Hot Fudge:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder unsweetened, natural preferred
- ¼ teaspoon salt optional
- 6 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate finely chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter
Combine the cream, sugar, salt, and butter in a small pot then place over medium heat, stirring frequently until the butter melts and the mixture starts to simmer.
Simmer for just under a minute then reduce heat to medium-low then add the chocolate in and stir until melted.
Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder then return to heat and cook on low for about 30 seconds or until glossy and smooth. Allow to cool slightly before using.
Pour some fudge into the bottom of your bowl or glass then add ice cream and drizzle more fudge over the top. Top with whipped cream, chopped nuts, sprinkles, and a cherry if desired.
- Check out my How to Make Hot Fudge Post for all the tips and tricks.
- You can also drizzle the chocolate fudge inside the sides of your glass or bowl before adding the ice cream in.
- For an extra cold dessert, you can place your glass or bowl in the freezer beforehand.
- Don’t have a can of whipped cream at home? Make your own with my homemade whipped cream recipe.
- Transfer extra fudge sauce to a mason jar and refrigerate for later use, when ready to use reheat in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- ¼ cup of corn syrup added at the beginning will give you an extra glossy fudge that stays soft at a cooler temperature.
- Feeling extra indulgent? Break up a piece of brownie and add between each scoop of ice cream or before you drizzle the sauce over top.
- Make sure you keep your ice cream in the freezer until the last possible minute. Since the fudge is warm, the more frozen it is, the slower it’ll melt when you add the fudge.
Serving: 1sundae | Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 240mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 973IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 1mg