White and dark chocolate kissed with peppermint and covered in crushed candy canes. This holiday treat is too easy not to make!
Servings 6 people
- 12 oz dark chocolate melted
- 16 oz white chocolate melted
- 1/2 tsp peppermint oil
- 7 candy canes
Melt the two dark chocolate. You can use a double boiler or microwave the chocolate in short 15 second bursts at 50% power. Mix in 1/2 a teaspoon of peppermint oil into the white chocolate.
Pour the dark chocolate onto a parchment paper-lined 8x8 inch dish and smooth out with a spatula. Set aside to partially set.
Melt the white chocolate then add the peppermint oil and stir in well. Sprinkle in about 1/3 cup of crushed candy cane and fold into the white chocolate.
Pour the white chocolate onto the partially set dark chocolate and smooth out with a spatula. Sprinkle more crushed candy cane on top and set aside to cool and set.
Cut the bark into pieces and they're ready to eat!
- Go low and slow when melting the chocolate. High heat can burn your chocolate so use a glass bowl set over (but not touching) gently simmering water to melt it OR shots 50% power bursts in the microwave.
- If you can't find peppermint oil just crush an extra 1/3 cup of candy canes to mix into the white chocolate for a similar flavor.
- The BEST white chocolate for melting comes in bar form. You can totally use white chocolate chips but bars will melt more easily and often have a smoother consistency.
- Pour the white chocolate on before the dark chocolate has fully set. This will prevent the layers from separating.
- Store your bark in a sealed container placed in a cool place for three days or in the refrigerator for up to three weeks.
Serving: 28g | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1.4g | Fat: 8.4g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 3.2mg | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 0.7g | Sugar: 16g | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.4mg