White and dark chocolate kissed with peppermint and covered in crushed candy canes. This holiday treat is too easy not to make!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cooling time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 12 oz dark chocolate melted
- 16 oz white chocolate melted
- 1/2 tsp peppermint oil
- 7 candy canes
Melt the two dark chocolate. You can use a double boiler or microwave the chocolate in short 15 second bursts at 50% power. Mix in 1/2 a teaspoon of peppermint oil into the white chocolate.
Pour the dark chocolate onto a parchment paper-lined 8x8 inch dish and smooth out with a spatula. Set aside to partially set.
Melt the white chocolate then add the peppermint oil and stir in well. Sprinkle in about 1/3 cup of crushed candy cane and fold into the white chocolate.
Pour the white chocolate onto the partially set dark chocolate and smooth out with a spatula. Sprinkle more crushed candy cane on top and set aside to cool and set.
Cut the bark into pieces and they're ready to eat!
- Go low and slow when melting the chocolate. High heat can burn your chocolate so use a glass bowl set over (but not touching) gently simmering water to melt it OR shots 50% power bursts in the microwave.
- If you can't find peppermint oil just crush an extra 1/3 cup of candy canes to mix into the white chocolate for a similar flavor.
- The BEST white chocolate for melting comes in bar form. You can totally use white chocolate chips but bars will melt more easily and often have a smoother consistency.
- Pour the white chocolate on before the dark chocolate has fully set. This will prevent the layers from separating.
- Store your bark in a sealed container placed in a cool place for three days or in the refrigerator for up to three weeks.
Serving: 28g | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1.4g | Fat: 8.4g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 3.2mg | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 0.7g | Sugar: 16g | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.4mg