I wanted the simplest shape possible but of course sugar cookies are meant to be cut into every holiday shape imaginable. Around this time of year whenever I mix up a batch of cookie dough I make sure to double or triple the recipe and freeze a few disks for later. Always feels good to have some cookies ready to pop into the oven! If you’re really short on time you can give these cookies a quick drizzle of chocolate and call it a day; they’ll look great and will dry quicker.
If you’ve tried these chocolate dipped sugar cookies then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter 226g
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200g
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour 480g
- 3/4 cup cornstarch 96g
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt 3g
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 5mL
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 175g
- ½ cup crushed candy cane
- Preheat to 375 degrees F.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs.
- On low, mix in flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Add vanilla.
- Separate dough into two parts. Wrap in plastic and chill for about an hour.
- Roll out between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Roll to a ½ inch thickness.
- With a cookie cutter, cut out circles
- Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl.
- Dip half the cookie into melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle crushed candy cane over cookies.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!