I wanted the simplest shape possible but of course sugar cookies are meant to be cut into every holiday shape imaginable. Around this time of year whenever I mix up a batch of cookie dough I make sure to double or triple the recipe and freeze a few disks for later. Always feels good to have some cookies ready to pop into the oven! If you’re really short on time you can give these cookies a quick drizzle of chocolate and call it a day; they’ll look great and will dry quicker.
If you’ve tried these cookies then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookies
A perfect cookie for the holidays!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed candy cane
- Preheat to 375 degrees F.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs.
- On low, mix in flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Add vanilla.
Separate dough into two parts. Wrap in plastic and chill for about an hour.
- Roll out between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Roll to a ½ inch thickness.
- With a cookie cutter, cut out circles
- Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl.
- Dip half the cookie into melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle crushed candy cane over cookies.
How to Make Chocolate Dipped Sugar Cookies
No-spread sugar cookies dipped in chocolate with a sprinkle of crushed candy canes to help you get in the Christmas spirit! Recipe on the blog!
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!