I love a good peach cobbler, the crunch of the topping and the wonderful taste of the warm peaches beneath.
So delicious you won't be able to put your fork down!
- 3 ½ cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs large
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup pureed peaches
- 1/2 cup peach Greek Yogurt
- 5 egg whites room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 drop soft pink food coloring optional
- 6 tbs unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 cup canned peaches sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray non-stick spray on 6-inch pans. Line the bottoms of the pan with parchment paper and a pinch of flour. Set aside.
Mix together the peach puree and peach yogurt in a small bowl. In a separate medium bowl Sift together the baking powder, salt and flour.
Using an electric mixer (fitted with a paddle attachment) beat the eggs sugar, butter, vanilla and almond extract. Do this for about 3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl, when necessary.
Add the sifted flour to the mixture (one cup at a time). Alternate the sifted flour with the peach puree yogurt mixture. Beat at medium speed for around 2 minutes. Scrape sides of bowl when needed.
- Now divide the cake batter into three prepared cake pans, evenly. Spread it evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes (or until no batter sticks to a toothpick).
- Remove from the oven. Leave it on wire racks to cool (if you plan to refrigerate overnight, wrap it).
- Add egg whites, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Give the mixture a brief whisk.
- Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Make sure the water does not touch the bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites occasionally while it warms up. When the mixture has warmed, whisk it constantly. You will heat the mixture until it reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF
Transfer the bowl to a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Whip it until you have firm peaks with a marshmallow-like consistency. Run the mixer for about 10-15 minutes until the Meringue reaches room temperature.
While the mixture is running on low, add tablespoon sized dollops of room temperature butter making sure to let the butter incorporate before you add the next piece.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in a large bowl using a mixer. Do this until it has a light, fluffy consistency.
- Add flour and salt. Mix it with your hands until you have large, chunky pieces. Scatter the pieces on a pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Mix the crumbs halfway through baking.
- With a pipping bag, pipe several stripes of Swiss buttercream. Place peaches atop. Add another layer of cake. Repeat.
- Spread the buttercream on the outside. Smooth the frosting.
- Place the cobbler crumble at the base of the cake.
- Pipe dollops using an 869 tip. Place peach slices in the dollops.
How to Make Peach Cake
How to Make Peach Cake
Peach cobler cake is where it’s at! Peach puree, peach yogurt and a dash of almond extract make this cake to die for! Recupe up on the blog!