This quick and easy garlic shrimp with crispy pancetta recipe packs a massive flavor punch with a wonderful burst of bright zingy flavor thanks to the zest and juice of a lemon.
Shrimp is a smart choice for weeknight dinners thanks to its super-fast cook time. This quick-and-easy recipe comes together in less time that it takes to boil water; serve this garlicky shrimp over your favorite pasta for an effortless supper. If you’re a big garlic lover, grate an extra clove of garlic over the shrimp during the last minute of cooking.
How do you clean shrimp?
- Peel the shell off starting from the bottom of the shrimp.
- cut a shallow slit down the back of the shrimp using a knife.
- You will see a dark line, which is the shrimp’s digestive tract.
- Use the knife to work the vein’s end out then pull out with your fingers.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SAUTÉ SHRIMP?
- Shrimp will cook in about 3-5 minutes per side depending on size and temperature.
- Once you see them turn pink, they’re about done.
- Overcooking the shrimp will give a rubbery texture
What kind of shrimp should you use?
I love using super-fresh jumbo shrimp from my local farmer’s market to make this dish and they made all the difference! Try not to use frozen pre-cooked shrimp to make this recipe, the taste and texture will be subpar.
Top Tips to make this garlic shrimp
- If you can’t find pancetta at your market substitute bacon.
- Grate some extra garlic on the dish in the last few minutes of cooking for an extra bite.
- Not a rosemary fan? Use some fresh thyme instead!!
How to make garlic shrimp
- Start off by heating the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook while stirring occasionally. About 2 minutes.
- Thinly slice the garlic, add it to the skillet with the rosemary, then cook for 2 minutes more.
- Now add in the shrimp, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and the red pepper flakes. Give it a stir and make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Continue cooking and stirring occasionally until the shrimp is cooked through. About 3 to 5 minutes. Remove it from the heat once its done and squeeze lemon over the shrimp just before serving.
If you’ve tried this garlic shrimp recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Garlic Shrimp with Crispy Pancetta
- 2 tbsp olive oil 30mL
- ¼ cup diced pancetta 55g
- 6 cloves garlic sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 lb. large fresh shrimp peeled and deveined
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt 6g
- ½ tsp ground black pepper 6g
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes 7g
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Add sliced garlic and rosemary, cook 2 minutes more.
- Stir in shrimp, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; squeeze lemon over shrimp, and toss to combine just before serving.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!