This quick, easy, and DELICIOUS Greek salad is chock full of cucumber, tomatoes, feta, and Kalamata olives all brought together with a tangy lemon herb vinaigrette that you’re guaranteed to love! You can make it way in advance and dress before serving for a great anytime meal.
This take on a classic Greek salad has so much flavor you just won’t believe that nutrition label! I’ve added some bell pepper for extra crunch and some great fresh ingredients like fresh thyme and oregano for a special Greek salad dressing to take this salad to the next level.
What is Greek Salad Dressing Made of?
- Extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- anything else you love, I add a dash of honey mustard to mine!
Is Greek Salad Healthy?
YES! Lots of nutrients, fiber and vitamins A and C. You can decrease the amount of Feta used if you would like to further decrease the calories per serving. Greek salad dressing really just has calories from the olive oil so you can use a bit less if desiring an even lower calorie meal
What do you eat with Greek Salad?
Spanakopita -Greek spinach pie with feta, dill and a flakey filo dough shell
Greek Lemon chicken -Lots of lemon and tons of flavor
Greek Easter Bread – Good enough to be enjoyed year-round! You’ll love the hint of orange!
Sole baked in a cheesy spinach sauce– Addictively delicious
Vegetable quiche – this easy to make vegetarian quiche is to die for!!
Steps to make Greek Salad
How do you Make Greek Salad?
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and crushed oregano and thyme leaves into a jar.
- Add vinegar, lemon zest and juice and honey mustard. Shake well and set aside.
- Halve and slice an English cucumber.
- Thinly slice about 1/2 cup of red onion.
- Chop those Kalamata olives in half.
- Either halve cherry tomatoes or cut larger tomatoes into wedges.
- De-seed and cut a bell pepper into squares.
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onion and pepper into a large bowl. Crumble feta liberally over salad.
- Pour dressing just before serving, toss and enjoy. You can garnish with more oregano if desired.
Pro Tips to Make this Greek Salad
- This is a great make ahead salad! Just dress and toss right before serving.
- Try adding some romaine lettuce to make this a more leafy salad.
- To make this vegan you can use a vegan cheese and dijon mustard or substitute the feta for avocado for a nice creamy component.
- This salad is SO much easier to prepare if you buy PITTED Kalamata olives.
If you’ve tried this Greek salad recipe then don’t forget to rate leave a rating and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
A delicious, easy to make Greek Salad with cucumbers, Kalamata olives, feta and tons of crunch and flavor.
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 3 tbsp oregano leaves crushed
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Salad
- 1 English cucumber large
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 tomatoes cut in wedges
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 7 oz feta crumbled
- 1 sprig oregano
For the Dressing
Add olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice, honey mustard, crushed oregano and thyme leaves into a jar. Shake well and set aside.
Halve and slice an English cucumber. Thinly slice about 1/2 cup of red onion. Chop those kalamata olives in half.
Cut larger tomatoes into wedges.De-seed and cut a bell pepper into squares.Add cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onion and pepper into a large bowl. Crumble feta liberally over salad.
Pour dressing just before serving, toss and enjoy. You can garnish with more oregano if desired.
This is a great make ahead salad! Just dress and toss right before serving.
Try adding some romaine lettuce to make this a more leafy salad.
To make this vegan you can use a vegan cheese and dijon mustard or substitute the feta for avocado for a nice creamy component.
This salad is SO much easier to prepare if you buy PITTED Kalamata olives.