If you really want to amp up the moisture of this dish then go ahead and add a 1/4 cup more pumpkin or sour cream to the batter. You can also trade off some of the cornmeal for all purpose flour to give the dish a more “cakey” texture. I think cornbread is best served when warm and fresh out of the oven so if you’re trying to prep before dinner then whisk the dry ingredients in a bowl and in a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients, prepare the pan and just before dinner whisk it all together and pop into the oven.
If you’ve tried this cornbread then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
An easy to make and delicious cornbread perfect for the holidays.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil 118mL, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar 133g, packed, light
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 3g
- 1/2 cup buttermilk 118mL
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree 118mL
- 1 teaspoon salt 5g
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1g
- 1 cup cornmeal 120g
- 1 cup flour 120g, whole wheat or regular
- drizzle of honey or maple syrup
- pat of butter
- Preheat to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour an 8-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together coconut oil and brown sugar. Add eggs and mix.
- Stir in baking soda, buttermilk and pumpkin puree. Add salt, cinnamon, cornmeal and flour. Don’t over mix.
Pour batter into the baking dish.
Smooth with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or golden brown.
- Serve with butter and honey.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!