A delicious and easy to assemble pizza featuring artichoke hearts, roasted garlic, goat cheese, sweet cherry tomatoes and lots of caramelized onions. After baking the pizza is covered in peppery arugula and dashes of balsamic vinegar. I love recipes like this because you can eyeball the measurements and swap ingredients out according to your preferences.
The crust recipe for this pizza is super crispy and is made entirely in a stand mixer, which is nice because it lets you multitask. When you’re making the garlic oil be careful not to burn the garlic. Watch the heat and stir frequently so the garlic is evenly cooked. It will further soften and caramelize in the oven so you can err on the side of caution while cooking it on the stovetop. If you’d like some extra flavor in your crust you could add rosemary, thyme or oregano to the dough after the flour and they will infuse during proofing and baking!
An easy and delicious veggie pizza featuring caramelized onions, garlic oil, goat cheese and of course artichokes.
- 1 ¼ ounce package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 2/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup onions
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 ½ cups arugula
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic
- Warm bowl and combine yeast, honey and warm water.
- Add in salt, olive oil, and 2 ½ cup flour.
- Using a dough hook, mix at speed 2 for 1 minute.
- Still mixing on speed 2, add the rest of the flour in ½ cups until dough sticks to hook.
- Run on speed 2 for 2 more minutes.
- Use olive oil to coat the dough. Place in a greased bowl
- Cover with plastic wrap, place in a draft-less place to rise for about an hour or until the dough has doubled.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat up ⅔ cup olive oil on a skillet. Cook garlic on medium heat. Stir, watching closely to make sure it doesn’t burn. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add in diced onions. Cook over medium low heat for about 30 minutes stirring frequently.
Prep artichoke hearts by slicing and separating. Halve tomatoes.
- Place onions, artichokes and tomatoes on a baking. Drizzle in olive oil to coat.
- When the dough has doubled, punch down with your fist.
- Stretch dough out. Avoid ripping. On a greased baking sheet, press dough down to create a collar.
- Brush on garlic oil mixture.
Arrange tomatoes, artichokes and goat cheese on crust.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until toppings are golden.
- Add arugula.