I used their irresistible chocolate salted truffle flavor to make these ice cream sandwiches and they are just so good! You could totally roll them in sprinkles or shaved chocolate for some extra pizzazz but I loved the look of the exactly round sandwiches, they’re almost mesmerizing!
How to Make Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Combine butter and sugar in a bowl and mix on medium-low speed with a paddle attachment. Mix the ingredients until they are incorporated but be careful not to over mix.
- Add the eggs, and mix them in. Make sure you scrape the sides of the bowl to collect every little bit then stir in the vanilla. Sift together the flour, corn starch, cocoa and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix at low speed for 30 seconds. The dough is ready when it sticks to the paddle mixture. Once again, be careful not to over mix!
- Roll out the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper or saran wrap. and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Remove Use a round cookie cutter to cut out circles.
- Bake them for 8-12 minutes or until the centers are set. Let cool then wrap them up and store in the refrigerator if you’re making ahead.
- Take 1 pint of ice cream and make a vertical cut down the side of the container, then peel open. Now go ahead and cut the ice cream into wide slices. Size can depend on your personal preference.
- With the same cookie cutter used to make the cookie, cut into the slices of ice cream, to make the same shape and size of your cookies. Push the ice cream out of the cookie cutter and onto the cookie.
- Take another cookie and place it on top of the ice cream to finish off your sandwich and enjoy!
Pro Tips for Making These Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Measure your flour correctly! Adding too much flour to the recipe is the most common mistake. The best, and easiest way to measure flour is by using a scale. If you don’t have one then fluff your flour with a spoon, sprinkle it into your measuring cup, and use a knife to level it off.
- Chill the cookies before assembly so the sandwiches set up quicker.
- You can make these ahead of time, wrap in paper and store in the freezer.
- Try rolling the sandwiches in shaved dark chocolate or sprinkles for some extra embellishment.
How do you wrap an ice cream sandwich?
Cut a square of waxed paper and fold over the sandwich, wrapping it like a present. Secure with a piece of twine and place in freezer to set up and store. This is much neater with square and rectangular sandwiches but wrapping a round one isn’t too difficult. You’ll want a piece of wax paper that’s about three times the width or your cookie.
If you’ve tried this ice cream sandwich recipe out then don’t forget to leave a rating and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Ice Cream Sandwiches
For the Cookies:
- 1 cups unsalted butter 113g
- 1 cups sugar 200g
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup corn starch 30g
- 2 cups all-purpose flour 240g
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder 75g
- 1/2 tsp salt 2.1g
- 1 tsp vanilla 5mL
- 1 tsp almond extract 5mL
For the Assembly
- 1 pint Chocolate Ice Cream
For the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and sugar in a bowl. Mix on medium-low speed with a paddle attachment. Mix until incorporated. Don’t over mix.
- Add eggs and mix and scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Sift together flour, corn starch, cocoa, and salt.
- Add in flour mixture to the bowl. Mix at low speed for 30 seconds.
- The dough is ready when it sticks to the paddle mixture. Do not over mix.
- Roll out the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut out circles.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until centers are set.
- Let cool and wrap and store in refrigerator if making ahead.
For the Assembly:
- Take 1 pint of chocolate ice cream, cut vertically down the side of the container, and peel open.
- Cut the ice cream into slices.
- Using the same cookie cutter to cut the ice cream.
- Push the ice cream out of the cookie cutter and onto the cookie.
- Place the other cookie on top to finish your sandwich.