This is LITERALLY melt-in-your-mouth-perfection!!! So delicious. So easy to make. Let me know if you agree!
Molten Chocolate Cake
Calories: 176 kcal
Molten Chocolate Cake is the ultimate dessert.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbs flour
- Preheat oven to 450F. Butter and flour your ramekins.
- Melt the butter with the chocolate on low heat in a double boiler or in the microwave. Whisk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the egg yolks, sugar and salt until thickened and pale. An electric mixer will work best.
- Fold the chocolate mixture and flour into the egg mixture. Pour the batter into the ramekins and bake at 450 for 6-8 minutes, it really depends on your oven.
- Let the cakes cool in the ramekins for a minute, then cover each with an inverted dessert plate. Carefully turn each one over, let stand for 10 seconds and then unmold. Sift powdered sugar on top and garnish with berries if desired. Serve immediately.