Crispy shortbread cookies chock full of toasted pecans. I love these cookies for a few reasons, they’re nearly foolproof, you can make them in advance and there’s no egg so eating the cookie dough is not a problem! I almost dipped these in chocolate and am sure that would be delicious but they were so good on their own I left them as is. If you don’t have pecans on hand or care for them I would suggest substituting walnuts or macadamias.
I actually totally forgot about the second batch of these cookies while I was puttering away at another project leaving them in the oven for about triple the suggested bake time, they were a bit singed and not camera ready but I ate them nonetheless! Some people like my husband like soft chewy cookies, others enjoy CRISPY crunchy cookies. Well I prefer the later but I truly enjoy a burn cookie, anyone else??
If you’ve tried these cookies then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Simple and satisfying shortbread cookies you'll quite likely find irresistible.
- 3/4 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 sticks 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch cloves
Preheat to 350 degrees.
- Toast chopped pecans on a baking sheet until browned.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and salt at medium until fluffy.
Whisk spices and flour together in a bowl.
Add flour mixture in 3 different batches while beating on low. Add in toasted pecans.
Roll dough into a 1 1/2 -inch log. Wrap in parchment paper.
Refrigerate for 1 hour. Add parchment paper to baking sheets.
Cut log into ½ inch thick rounds.
Transfer to baking sheet. Space with 1 inch between.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Rotate baking sheets in the oven. Bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Move to a wire sheet to cool.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!