Crispy shortbread cookies chock full of toasted pecans. I love these cookies for a few reasons, they’re nearly foolproof, you can make them in advance and there’s no egg so eating the cookie dough is not a problem! I almost dipped these in chocolate and am sure that would be delicious but they were so good on their own I left them as is. If you don’t have pecans on hand or care for them I would suggest substituting walnuts or macadamias.
I actually totally forgot about the second batch of these cookies while I was puttering away at another project leaving them in the oven for about triple the suggested bake time, they were a bit singed and not camera ready but I ate them nonetheless! Some people like my husband like soft chewy cookies, others enjoy CRISPY crunchy cookies. Well I prefer the later but I truly enjoy a burn cookie, anyone else??
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!
If you’ve tried these cookies then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Simple and satisfying shortbread cookies you'll quite likely find irresistible.
- 3/4 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 sticks 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch cloves
Preheat to 350 degrees.
- Toast chopped pecans on a baking sheet until browned.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and salt at medium until fluffy.
Whisk spices and flour together in a bowl.
Add flour mixture in 3 different batches while beating on low. Add in toasted pecans.
Roll dough into a 1 1/2 -inch log. Wrap in parchment paper.
Refrigerate for 1 hour. Add parchment paper to baking sheets.
Cut log into ½ inch thick rounds.
Transfer to baking sheet. Space with 1 inch between.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Rotate baking sheets in the oven. Bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Move to a wire sheet to cool.