Let’s talk about substitutions!
For a vegan option nix the eggs, whisk in 7 1/2 teaspoons of ground flax seeds into nine tablespoons of water until it becomes gelatinous.
You can sub out the coconut flour for regular all purpose flour if you don’t have any/are not a fan.
Toasted pecans would work well in this if walnuts are not for you. You could also skip the nuts altogether!
Coconut flakes don’t have to be featured in this dish, you might prefer raisins (I only like raisins if they’re soaked in rum), or dried cranberries.
Some people aren’t big on maple syrup, you can go for honey, agave or just add in an extra 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!
Healthy Zucchini Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes plus more for sprinkling on top
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups zucchini grated
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat eggs, oil, sugar and maple syrup in a bowl. Blend together coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Add zucchini and nuts. Pour batter into papers.
- Add zucchini and nuts. Pour batter into papers.
- Sprinkle shaved coconut on top of each muffin.
- Bake for about 25 minutes