This hummus has been one of my favorite things to make for years! It has the perfect combination or spice, lemon zing and wonderful fresh flavor from lots of fresh cilantro and garlic. I love having this dip with freshly toasted pita chips but it’s great with grilled chicken, veggies, and basically everything! If you’re one of those “I hate cilantro” people, don’t fret! You can omit the ingredient or substitute with parsley, spinach or even artichoke hearts! You can also check out my beet hummus!
Making hummus is so fun. You take some garbanzo beans, tahini and olive oil then add whichever ingredients your heart desires! I love a kick of spice in my dips so adding jalapeños was a no brainer.
I used three whole peppers in this recipe but it’s not because I have a cast iron stomach, they were just pretty mild. I recommend taking a little nibble to gage the heat first then add in between one and three jalapeños.
You can make this a day ahead, just make sure to cover well and refrigerate. These often taste even better when all the flavors have melded together a bit.
Steps to Make This Dip
1. Strain garbanzo beans. Add to a blender.
2. Add in tahini sauce.
3. Remove the seeds from the jalapeños. Give them a rough chop.
4. Add the jalapeños to the blender.
5. Zest a lemon. Add in the lemon zest.
6. Juice 2 lemons into the blender. Blend on low.
7. Chop cilantro.
8. Add in the chopped bunch of cilantro.
9. Prep and chop garlic.
10. Add garlic.
11. While the blender is on, drizzle in olive oil.
12. Blend until smooth, season with salt and pepper to taste.
If you’ve tried this recipe then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
For the Hummus:
- 1 can garbanzo beans 439g
- 3 jalapeños seeded
- 1 bunch cilantro
- ¼ cup tahini sauce 65g
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 2 lemons
- ¼ cup olive oil 26g
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
For the Hummus:
- Strain garbanzo beans. Give the cilantro a rough chop. Remove the seeds from the jalapeños. Zest a lemon. Chop garlic. Add everything to the blender.
- Add the juice from 2 lemons and tahini sauce. Blend on low.
- Drizzle in olive oil while the blender is on. Blend until smooth.
- Serve with pita bread or tortilla chips. Enjoy!