You’ll love treating yourself to this citrusy cocktail; it goes down smooth but it packs quite a punch so sip with care! make sure to use fresh lemon juice for this drink. It’s the primary flavor component so you want it to be as fresh from the lemon as possible. If you’d like a bit of extra sweetness try an extra splash of simple syrup or limoncello.
What is a lemon drop made of?
- Fresh lemon juice
- Simple Syrup
- Lemon peel for garnish
- Sugar for rim
What does a lemon drop taste like?
A lemon drop tastes like a cross between a martini and lemonade. There is a bit of sweetness and a zing from the lemon juice but you’ll definitely notice the vodka.
How many calories are in a lemon drop drink?
212 calories if your drink uses 2 ounces of vodka, 1 ounce simple syrup and 2 tbsp lemon juice.
What does triple sec taste like?
Triple sec tastes like oranges and sugar with a bit of alchohol . I would say it’s very sweet with a flat note of orange. Triple sec can be added to this drink for extra sweetness and an orange flavor or you could add some Limoncello, a sweet lemon liquor.
How do you make simple syrup?
- Add equal parts water and sugar to a pan.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and chill.
- This syrup can be stored for a week or so if properly refrigerated in a sealed container.
Steps to make this lemon drop martini
- Before juicing the lemon, start off by slicing off a bit of the lemon peel to use as a garnish.
- Now juice the lemon and strain the juice into a small bowl.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the vodka and simple syrup.
- Pour in the fresh squeezed lemon juice, cover the cocktail shaker, and shake it vigorously.
- Give your glass a sugar rim by wiping the rim of the glass with lemon and dipping it upside down in the sugar.
- Go ahead and strain the drink into the prepared glass, garnish it with your lemon twist, and enjoy!
If you’ve tried this lemon drop martini then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Lemon Drop Martini
Three ingredients come together to make this delicious and zingy lemon martini with a kiss of sweetness.
- 2 ounces vodka 60mL
- 1 ounce simple syrup 30mL
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 22mL, strained
- lemon for garnish and rimming the glass
- sugar for the rim
- Give your martini glass a sugar rim. Wipe the rim of the glass with lemon and dip it in the sugar.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add vodka, simple syrup, and fresh lemon juice. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Strain the drink into the prepared glass. Garnish with a lemon twist and enjoy!
Use fresh lemon juice for this cocktail. It's the primary flavor and you'll definitely notice the difference if bottled juice is used.
If you'd like a bit of extra sweetness try adding an extra dash of simple syrup or a splash or limoncello.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!