Peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven, add cookies into the mix and everything’s coming up roses! These cookies are so fun to make and basically foolproof making them a great addition to your cookie rotation. P.S. I hope you have a rotation of cookie recipes you work though, you deserve a treat!
Pro Tips for Making Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Measure your flour correctly! Adding too much flour to the recipe is the most common mistake. The best, and easiest way to measure flour is by using a scale. If you don’t have one then fluff your flour with a spoon, sprinkle it into your measuring cup, and use a knife to level it off.
- Rolling in sugar is optional, it gives an extra crunch and bit of sparkle.
- You can roll the cookies in colored sanding sugar for a more festive holiday treat.
- They will be VERY soft just out of the oven so let them rest for a while; when cooled they will be firm enough to handle and quite delicious.
- You can make and chill the dough a few days in advance but allow it to warm up a bit before rolling as it will be quite firm.
- You don’t have to use a chocolate kiss for the center of the cookies. Any chocolate you enjoy will work.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you know when to add the chocolate kiss?
You’ll see the cookies puff up, small cracks will form and the bottom will just start turning brown. This is around 6-9 minutes into baking. Part of it depends on the size of your cookie but don’t worry, you can add them in a bit early or late!
How long will these cookies keep for?
You can leave them in an airtight container at room temp for around 3 days. They’ll keep in the fridge for two weeks and yes you can freeze them for two months. Like most cookies these are best out of the oven, especially if the chocolate kiss is still warm.
How to Make Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl then whisk together.
2. Add the butter, peanut butter, brown and white sugar to the bowl of your stand mixer and beat with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla.
4. Mix in the flour; beat until combined. You can cover and chill if you’re making the dough in advance but the cookies can be rolled and baked immediately.
6. Roll the chilled dough in your clean palms. Each ball should be roughly the same size. I like to go for just a little over an inch in diameter.
7. OPTIONAL: roll in sugar. I like to use a larger grained sanding sugar for more crunch and sparkle but granulated sugar works well too.
7. Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon sheet. You can see how colorful the cookies are when you roll them in different sanding sugars.
8. Bake at 375F for about 7 minutes then remove and place your kiss in the middle of each cookie, pressing gently. Bake an additional 3 minutes and allow to cool before eating.
These cookies are perfect for holiday cookie platters ESPECIALLY when you roll them in colored sanding sugars. You can find these in the baking aisle of most grocery stores, buy them online OR make your own.
You can make colored sanding sugars by adding a drop of food coloring to a plastic bag and then adding 1/2 cup of sugar. Seal and mix around with your hands until sugar has absorbed the color.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE CHECK THESE OUT!
If you’ve tried this Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe then don’t forget to leave a rating and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 180g
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, room temp 67g
- 3/4 cup peanut butter 188g
- 1/2 cup sugar 100g
- 1/2 cup brown sugar 100g
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5mL
- 1 egg large, room temp
- 3/4 tsp baking powder 3g
- 36 chocolate kisses
- Preheat over to 375F
- Sift flour and baking powder together then whisk to combine.
- Cream butter, peanut butter and both sugars in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract then add flour mixture and beat until incorporated. You can chill dough for about 30 minutes if you're baking in advance but the dough can be rolled out and baked right away.
- Roll dough into one inch balls. Roll each in sugar the place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone sheet
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes or until puffed and SLIGHTLY browned on the bottom. Remove from oven and press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Slight cracks are fine.
- Bake cookies an additional 3 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on baking sheet, enjoy warm.