These might be my favorite donuts, yet! It was so easy to color the glaze. Make the rainbow stripes on a shallow dish, then just dip! You’re done. I might have to whip another batch up for a friend as a surprise to see their reaction. Do you guys like to surprise friends and family with baked goods?
Taste all the donuts of the rainbow!
- 1.25 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sour Cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch All-spice Optional
- 2 tbs Melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 lb Confectioner's sugar
- 3-4 tbs Milk
- 3-8 drops food coloring
- Add the ingredients to a large bowl and mix until just combined.
- Pipe into butter and floured donut pans
- Bake 6-7 minutes at 390F, allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Mix milk into powdered sugar.
- Add about 2 tbs of the mixture to several bowls and tint with various intensities of the “colors of the rainbow."
- Dip the donuts — carefully — into the mixture to achieve the desired, rainbow color. Repeat.
Recipe makes 12 donuts.