Moist, flavorful turkey breast paired with roasted butternut squash, onions caramelized with brandy, pasta, peas in a savory cheesey sauce all topped with French’s Crispy Jalapeños and Crispy Fried Onions. I partnered with French’s for the Friendsgiving with French’s campaign #RealFlavorsHaveCrunch to highlight their super-tasty Crispy Jalapeños and I loved the texture and kick of flavor they gave the dish! You should say yes to this casserole for get togethers because aside from the amazing taste, it’s really easy to put together and you can make it ahead! Did I mention the fried sage leaves?? 😋
If you’ve tried this French’s turkey casserole then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
French’s Turkey Casserole
A delicious and easy to make ahead turkey casserole with roasted butternut squash, peas and caramelized onions all topped with crispy jalapeños, onions and fried sage.
For the Turkey Casserole:
- 1 turkey breast
- 2 onions large
- 1 teaspoon salt 6g
- 1 teaspoon pepper 6g
- 1 teaspoon thyme 1g
- 3 cups butternut squash 615g, roasted and cubed
- 1 bag green peas
- ½ lb egg noodles
- 2 cups gouda cheese 216g, shredded
- 1/3 cup brandy 79mL
- 5 oz French’s Crispy Jalapenos
- 5 oz French’s Crispy Fried Onions
- 1 sprig sage leaves
For the Sauce:
- 1 stick butter 113g, melted
- ⅓ cup flour 43g
- ¼ cup brandy 60mL
- 4 cups chicken stock 946mL
For the Turkey:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place turkey in a deep baking dish.
- Season turkey with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add chopped onions around the sides of the turkey
Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the internal temp is 160 degrees F. Toss the onions two to three times during baking to ensure even cooking. Towards the end of the bake, pour about 1/3 cup of brandy over the breast and onions.
For the Sauce:
- Melt butter and allow to brown in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add brandy and allow to reduce.
- Add in chicken stock.
- Cook until thick while stirring occasionally.
For the Butternut Squash
Slice the butternut squash in half.
Roast on a baking sheet for 25- 30 minutes.
When cooled, slice into cubes.
For the Casserole:
- Shred turkey meat.
- Place shredded meat back into casserole dish.
- Add butternut squash, peas and egg noodles.
- Drizzle sauce.
Add gouda, French’s Crispy Jalapeños and and French's Crispy Fried Onions
- Bake for 20 minutes.
While the casserole is baking heat oil in a small pan and fry the sage leaves for a few seconds three at a time. Transfer to a paper towel and sprinkle with sea salt then arrange on casserole when its done baking.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!