Chewy, gooey chocolate chip cookies imbedded with walnuts. These heavenly cookies are a yummy classic. Enjoy them fresh out of the oven for instant happiness!
Chewy, gooey chocolate chip cookies FRESH out of the oven? Ummmm Duh! Immediately, please. You just can’t beat the basics!
Look at all those pieces of walnuts and chocolate!
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a cookie chewy?
Adding ingredients that hold moisture like brown sugar, eggs, and more flour will give your cookies a cakier, soft chewy texture. You can also decrease the baking temperature and increase the bake time.
Why do chocolate chip cookies come out flat?
Melted butter, granulated sugar, and baking soda all make chocolate chip cookies flatten out more during baking. For a more domed cookie, use firmer room temperature butter, brown sugar, baking powder, and chill the dough overnight.
How do you make chewy chocolate chip cookies crispy?
Decrease the flour, increase the butter, use only white flour and decrease the egg slightly. Moisture holding ingredients will inhibit spreading out and flattening during baking.
How to Make Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
How do you make soft chewy chocolate chip cookies?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Combine the butter with the brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Give that a good mix until it is light and fluffy!
- Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and mix until everything is combined.
- Go ahead and add the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Give the walnuts a rough chop and add them into the batter.
- Now add those rich chocolate chips.
- Make sure it is mixed well so everything is incorporated.
- Drop heaping tablespoon- size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake until the cookies are golden around the edges but still soft in the center. About 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let them cool completely.
If you’ve tried these chewy chocolate chip cookies then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 270g
- 1/2 tsp baking soda 3g
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature, 230g
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 100g
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar 200g
- 1 tsp salt 5g
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract 10mL
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup semisweet chocolate chips 300g
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, 125g
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
- Combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture; mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
For a soft chewy cookie add ingredients that hold moisture like brown sugar, eggs, and more flour. You can also decrease the baking temperature and increase the bake time. For a more domed cookie, use firmer room temperature butter, brown sugar, baking powder, and chill the dough overnight.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!