Chewy, gooey chocolate chip cookies FRESH out of the oven? Ummmm Duh! Immediately, please. You just can’t beat the basics!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
A yummy classic.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cup semisweet chocolate chips about 12 ounces
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans or whatever you'd like.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
- Combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture; mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.