Peanut Butter makes everything better.... especially in a dessert!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 16 sticks unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 3-4 tbs ice water
- 1.3 cup cocoa optional
- 1 tsp sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cup & 2 tbs of powdered sugar divided
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted and semi-sweet chocolate
Mix the dough.
- In a food processor, combine the flour and salt and pulse briefly to mix (you can also do this by hand with two forks). Scatter the butter over the top and pulse just until the mixture forms coarse crumbs about the size of peas.
- Drizzle the ice water over the flour mixture and pulse just until the dough starts to come together.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface. Gently press together and work the dough. Remember the more you manipulate the dough the less flaky and amazing it will be.
- DIVIDE INTO 3 EQUAL PIECES AND PRESS EACH INTO A FLAT DISK. SET 1 DISK ASIDE AND WRAP THE REMAINING 2 DISKS IN PLASTIC WRAP FOR FUTURE USE. I WRAPPED UP ALL THREE AND LET THE DOUGH REST IN THE FRIDGE OVERNIGHT.
Roll out the dough.
Preheat an oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out into a 13-inch round.
Fold the round in half, transfer to the prepared sheet and unfold the round.
- Fill dough with filling. Bake.
Beat together all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon or pipe filling into the cooled pastry crust. Smooth it.
Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Chill before serving.