Have you ever wanted to make a chocolate, silk pie? Well, you should! They might be the most indulgent dessert ever AND they’re super easy to make…if you weren’t already sold at “chocolate.”
Chocolate Silk Pie
A delicious no bake chocolate silk pie.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 7 oz semi-sweet chocolate melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- whipped cream
- 1 frozen pie crust prepared as directed.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Using a fork, poke holes into the side and bottom of the crust.
- Cover with parchment paper and fill with uncooked beans or pastry weights. Blind bake the pie shell for about 12 minutes at 375F
- Beat sugar and butter until smooth. This takes 15-20 mins on med-high speed using an electric mixer.
Add chocolate, vanilla and salt and beat on medium speed until well mixed.
- Add eggs, two at a time, beating 5 minutes after each addition.
- Pie filling is now ready! It will darken up after setting in the refrigerator.
- Use a spatula to transfer the filing.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Whip the cream with about a third cup of confectioner's sugar. and transfer to a piping tube with a star attachment.
- Now you just pipe dollops of cream on the top starting from the outside and working in. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate. and serve!
If you want to bake the crust from scratch like I did for the second version I made of this pie then click here for an amazing and simple do it yourself recipe.
Adapted from: Food.com