This fun French martini cocktail has a wonderful balance of flavors thanks to pineapple juice, black raspberry liquor and of course vodka; they all combine for a smooth, sweet and creamy drink that you’ll love.
This cocktail might have a classic name but it only dates back to 1989! Depending on what you read it was either invented at a bar in New York or by the Chambord company itself as a promotion. Either way its a fun cocktail with a nice fruity note that’s dangerously strong but oh so smooth!
If you can’t find Chambord you can make this cocktail with Creme de cassis, which is a delicious black currant liquor that works wonderfully in this French martini recipe.
Why is it called called French Martini?
Probably named French because of the Chambord used to make this drink. Chambord is a French black raspberry liquor dating back to 1685.
What is Chambord used for?
- French martini -Chambord, pineapple, and vodka
- Purple Haze – vodka, Chambord and Sprite
- Champagne and Chambord
- Chambord Collins- gin, lemon, simple syrup, soda, and a splash of Chambord
- Chambord sidecar- cognac, lemon juice, Chambord, and simple syrup
What is the alchohol content of Chambord?
Chambord is 16.5% alchohol making it 33 proof.
What’s in a martini?
Martinis originally had a nearly one to one ration of vermouth and vodka or gin. Over time the amount of vermouth was decreased until the glass’s rim was just rinsed with vermouth! The French martini was one of the first flavored martinis to become really popular and kick of the trend that brought us the chocolate and sour apple martinis.
Steps to make a French martini cocktail
- Start off by pouring some ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Measure out and pour the Chambord liquer into the cocktail shaker.
- Add the pineapple juice. For a better flavor, use fresh squeezed pineapple juice.
- Measure and pour in the vodka, then close it up and shake vigorously.
- Strain it into a coupe glass or any glass you desire.
- Cut off a bit of a lemon peel to use as a garnish, and enjoy!
If you’ve tried this French martini then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
- 2 oz vodka 60mL
- 1 oz chambord liqueur 30mL
- 1 oz pineapple juice 30mL
- Put some ice into the cocktail shaker.
- Pour the vodka, Chambord, and pineapple juice into the shaker.
- Close and shake vigorously. Pour into martini glass.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!