Cheers to the weekend! Our blenders have had more than enough kale, chia seeds and protein powder in them for a lifetime. It’s time to break out the tequila and get down to business!? Great cocktails are all about using the BEST ingredients. This one is no exception. I made a strawberry reduction then added tequila, fresh lime juice, a splash of good orange liquor and voilá!! Excellent strawberry margaritas appeared! ? I have one question for you, though… Blended or on the rocks??
What is the difference between a strawberry daiquiri and a strawberry margarita?
A strawberry daiquiri is made with rum, while a margarita will have tequila and sometimes an orange liquor as well.
How do you make strawberry margarita on the rocks?
- If you’re salting the rim then wipe a lemon or lime wedge along the lip of your glass then invert and dip onto a plate filled with salt.
- Add the strawberry reduction, lime juice, tequila, and orange liquor to a cocktail pitcher filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into glass with ice.
How many calories in a strawberry margarita?
While calories can vary depending on serving size and ingredients yo can expect a strawberry margarita to have between 200 and 450 calories.
I’ve given you a recipe for one drink but you can easily scale it up to make a big pitcher. Probably more fun and less work that way really. If you’re having guests over you can mix the ingredients together beforehand and blend with crushed ice just before serving. I chose a salted tim for my drink but you could go for sugar or even a mix of the two if you’d like things a bit sweeter. You know I really enjoyed the “recipe development” on this one…
I recommend making a big batch of the strawberry reduction to have on hand. It’s amazing with all sorts of drinks and you can drizzle it on ice cream or any number of desserts too!
Steps To Make This Margarita
How Do You Make A Strawberry Margarita?
- Juice the limes into a small bowl and then set it aside. Now juice the lemons, which you’ll be using to make the strawberry reduction.
- Cut the tops off of the strawberries and put them in a small pot with the water, sugar and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- To make the strawberry reduction; bring it to a boil and muddle the strawberries until they’re down to a liquid (about 5 minutes).
- Once the strawberry reduction is made, pour it into a bowl for it to cool down a bit.
- Add the ice, lime juice, tequila, orange liquor and strawberry reduction to a blender and pulse several times.
- Use the lime to wipe around the rim of the glass. Pour some salt onto a plate and salt the rim of the glass. Pour in the drink and garnish with a strawberry slice. Enjoy!
If you’ve tried these strawberry margaritas then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
- 1/2 cups Fresh strawberries (quartered and hulled) 152g
- 2 tbsp water 30mL
- 2 tbsp white sugar 24g
- 2 tbsp lemon juice 30mL
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1 3/4 oz silver tequila 52mL
- 1 tbsp orange liquor 15mL
- 2 tbsp lime juice 30mL
To Make the Reduction
- Cut tops off of strawberries. Put in a small pot with water, lemon juice and sugar, then bring to a boil.
- Muddle the strawberries and boil down to a liquid. About 5 minutes. Pour into a bowl to let cool.
For the Cocktail
- Juice the limes.
- Add the ice, tequila, lime juice, orange liquor and strawberry reduction to a blender. Pulse several times.
- Use the lime to wipe around the rim of the glass. Salt the rim.
- Pour into glass and garnish with strawberry slice.
- If you're salting the rim then wipe a lemon or lime wedge along the lip of your glass then invert and dip onto a plate filled with salt.
- You can make the strawberry reduction a few days in advance for some easy bartending. Just refrigerate in a sealed container.
- Choose a nice tequila, you don't want a hangover.
- Try adding some mint or thyme to the drink as a garnish. you'll get a nice botanical infusion.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!