I love a good turkey meatloaf; really hearty, easy to make and you can feed a child army with it! I loaded my recipe up with fresh parsley, oregano and thyme but you can add all your favorite herbs and spices in to make this dish your own. Give it a try and tell me what you think!
How long do you cook a 2lb turkey meatloaf?
A 2 lb turkey meatloaf should bake for about 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer reads 165F (74C).
What temperature should turkey meatloaf be cooked to?
- A turkey meatloaf should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165F (74C).
- I like to insert my thermometer into the very center of the meatloaf where it takes the longest to bake.
Steps To Make This Turkey Meatloaf
How Do You Make Turkey Meatloaf?
- Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chopped onion and cook over medium heat until it is translucent. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes, then season with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Now add the carrot and the Worcestershire sauce, then cook until softened.
- Pour in the tomato paste, 1/3 cup of ketchup, chicken stock, oregano, parsley and thyme. Give it a good mix to make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer everything in the skillet to a large bowl to cool for a few minutes. Add the turkey, eggs, breadcrumbs and onion/ herb mixture to the bowl.
- Give everything a good mix. The best way to do it is with clean hands.
- Shape into a rectangular loaf on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush with the remaining ketchup and place in the oven. Put a pan with water on the bottom rack to help prevent cracking. Bake for about 50 minutes at 375 degrees or until internal temperature is registered at 170F. When the meatloaf is finished, garnish it with parsley and enjoy!
How long do you cook a turkey meatloaf at 375?
Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reads 165F (74C).
How long do you cook a turkey meatloaf at 400?
Bake for about 40 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reads 165F (74C).
If you’ve tried this turkey meatloaf then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Turkey Meatloaf is a crowd favorite.
- 2 cups chopped onions 300g
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup carrot very 150g, finely diced
- 3 tbs olive oil 45mL
- 2 tsp kosher salt 12g
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper 6g
- 1/2 tsp chopped oregano 500mg
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley 500mg, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce 79mL
- 1/2 cup chicken stock 118mL
- 2 tbsp tomato paste 12g
- 3 1/2 lbs ground turkey 1590g
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs 125g, plain
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup ketchup 150g
Cook the onion in a large skillet over medium heat with 2 tbsp olive oil until translucent, add the garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Add carrot, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and cook until softened.
Add Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, 1/3 cup ketchup, chicken stock, oregano, parsley, and thyme, mix and transfer to a bowl to cool.
- In a large bowl mix the turkey, eggs, breadcrumbs and onion/herb mixture. (I’ve found the best way is with clean hands.)
Shape into a rectangular loaf on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
Brush with the remaining ketchup and place in oven at 375F for about 50 minutes or until internal temperature registered at 170F.
Put a pan of water on the bottom rack to help prevent cracking.
- Garnish with parsley
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!