This healthy and delicious fish taco recipe has all the creamy, crunchy fresh ingredients you could ask for with lots of perfectly seasoned baked fish in every bite.
Growing up in Los Angeles, I’ve had more than my fair share of tacos. These ingredients below happen to be my favorite! Peppery radishes, a flavorful salsa, creamy avocado and plenty of vegetables make for an unbeatable taco.
They’re the perfect meal, filling but won’t weigh you down! Let’s be honest… any reason is a GOOD reason to make fish tacos!
How could you say no to something with all of these fresh ingredients?! The cabbage gives amazing crunch and a slight sweetness that really adds to the overall finish.
What toppings do you put on a fish taco?
- Sliced cabbage
- Thinly sliced raddishs
What sauce do you put on fish tacos?
To make an easy sauce for fish tacos mix 1/3 cup of sour cream with a tablespoon or so of fresh lime juice and a pinch of salt. Drizzle over assembled tacos and enjoy!
How do you make Baja sauce for fish tacos?
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning.
How do you make fish taco seasoning?
I like to marinate my fish in a combination of lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper but you can add cayenne, paprika, Old Bay seasoning, oregano, onion or garlic powder.
All fished up and ready to go! I always overstuff my tacos and never regret it! LOL
Ready to serve! You can add or subtract any of the toppings in the tacos. Substituting a store-bought salsa and or guacamole is definitely a time-saver and will still taste great!
If you’ve tried these fish tacos then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Fish Taco Recipe
- 1 lb Mahi-Mahi
- 4 corn tortillas medium sized
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 5 tbs cup lime juice
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup onion finely diced
- 1/3 cup red cabbage sliced
- 2 radishes julienned
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs jalapeño finely diced
For the Fish:
- Whisk together 2 tbs of lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour mixture over fish. Cover over fish. Allow 20 minutes to marinate.
- Grill fish over a medium-high heat for about 4 minutes. Flip. Cook an additional 1 minute.
- Allow time to cool.
- Cut the fish into chunks.
For the Salsa:
- Add onion, cilantro, jalapeño and remaining lime juice in a small bowl. Mix.
- Season with salt & pepper, to taste. Mix.
- **You can make this ahead of time, and refrigerate**
For the Cream:
- Whisk together the sour cream, 1 tbs of lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Place warm tortillas on grill.
- Place portion of fish, avocado, cabbage, salsa, radishes, green onion, and tomato.
- Finish with a drizzle of the sour cream sauce.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!