These buttery lobster tacos with a zesty cilantro mixture, sliced avocado and crumbled queso fresco are the perfect combination of savory and refreshing.
OK! I’ll admit it… I’ve been vaguely scared of cooking lobster. I don’t want to boil a living one. It seems sad… very sad. I’ve ordered it a few times and it was overcooked, which is also unfortunate as it’s virtually inedible. With little success (until now), I’ve been chomping at the bit to finally execute a lobster dish! I got some lobster tails from the market — baked them — tossed the meat with butter and lime zest — and made myself some REALLY tasty tacos! Mission accomplished. The best way to face your fear is by facing it head on. ? What’s your favorite lobster dish? I have so many dishes to try now!!
Ok, lobster can be a little intimidating but it’s not so bad when you’re just dealing with the tail. You can cut the exoskeleton with a pair of scissors or a sharp knife. Be careful!
The radishes provided just the right amount of spice. It you want to take it up a notch you can add some jalapeño slices to the mix.
I love the crunch of the cabbage mixed with creamy queso fresco and a little bite from the onion lime mix.
Steps To Make These Lobster Tacos
How Do You Make Lobster Tacos?
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Split the lobster tail and place them in a baking dish. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until firm.
- When the tails are done baking, remove the meat from the shell, chop it up and place it in a bowl.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of melted butter over the lobster meat. Add the lime zest, salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop up the cilantro and put it in a separate bowl with 2 tablespoons of butter and the onion.
- Give the red cabbage a nice chop and set them aside.
- Now chop up the heirloom tomatoes into small cubes.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, slice thinly and remove from the skin.
- Cut the radishes into very thin slices. You can use a mandolin if you have one to make slicing easier.
- Assemble your tacos by adding the lobster and cilantro mixture to a corn tortilla. Sprinkle on a desired amount of tomatoes, radishes, quest fresco, avocado and cabbage to each tortilla.
If you’ve tried these lobster tacos then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Delicious and refreshing lobster tacos!
- 1 cup water 236mL
- 2 lobster tails
- Lime zest
- 3 radishes sliced
- 2 avocados medium
- 1 red cabbage sliced
- 3-5 heirloom tomatoes chopped
- 2 oz queso fresco 56g, crumbled
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 3 tbsp butter 43g, unsalted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 white onion small, chopped
- 4-6 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375F.
Split the lobster tail and remove the meat from the shell. Chop up the meat.
In a baking dish, pour water over the lobster tails. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle 1 tbsp butter over the meat and add the lime zest.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until firm.
In a small bowl, add 2 tbsp butter, onion and cilantro.
- Chop cilantro, red cabbage, tomatoes and avocado.
For the Assembly:
- Add lobster and cilantro mixture to a corn tortilla.
Sprinkle on a desired amount of tomatoes, radishes, queso fresco cheese, sliced avocado and chopped red cabbage to each tortilla.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!