This classic negroni has an exhilarating and refreshingly bitter taste that some will love and others will definitely not! I enjoy them as something of a palate cleanser but I have friends who always request these. A flamed orange peel adds even more depth of flavor while also providing a cool party trick.
A Few Tips
- This drink has a BITE. There’s on going around it so it you try the cocktail and hate it then it’s just not for you.
- You CAN add some of that orange juice for a little sweetness to temper this drink.
- To Flame a peel you need to warm the peel with a lighter then squeeze directly over the drink. The oils will ignite and flavor your drink beautifully!
Steps to Make a Negroni
- In a lowball glass, add ice gin and Campari
- Pour in the sweet vermouth and stir until chilled.
- Flame the orange peel over the glass. Wipe the rim with the peel then drop it in and drink!
If you’ve tried this cocktail then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
This classic Campari-based drink packs a bite and is just about perfect for sipping.
- 1 oz gin 30mL
- 1 oz campari 30mL
- 1 oz sweet vermouth 30mL
- orange peel
- Add gin, campari and vermouth in a lowball with ice. Stir until chilled.
- Flame the orange peel over the glass.
- Wipe the rim with the orange peel, drop in and drink.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE TRY THESE OUT!