Chocolate, chocolate, and MORE chocolate! AKA it’s about the most irresistible cake ever… PSA: you may go into a food coma after this one, folks.
Triple layer Chocolate Raspberry cake
Rich chocolate cake with a fudgey buttercream and lots of fresh raspberries.
For the Cake:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 220g measured correctly
- 1 3/4 granulated sugar 350g
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 65g (not dutch processed)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup 240ml buttermilk
- 1/2 cup 120ml vegetable oil or canola oil, or melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup 240ml freshly brewed strong hot coffee3
For the Frosting:
- 5 sticks unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 6-8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1.5 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5-6 tbsp heavy cream or half-and-half
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp salt to taste
- 4 cups raspberries
- Sift the dry ingredients. Whisk together.
- Mix the wet ingredients and add eggs one at a time
- Slowly add the dry mixture to wet. Mix until combined
- Distribute batter evenly into buttered and floured 8 inch pans .
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 min or until the centers are set.
For the Buttercream:
- Beat butter until light and fluffy
- Add cocoa and sugar
- Slowly add cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe buttercream between and add fresh raspberries between each layer.
- Cover the cake with buttercream.
- Smooth out as much as possible then chill.
For the Ganache:
Melt equal parts dark chocolate and cream in a bowl. Mix until a desired ganache consistency is reached. Let it cool.
Add ganache to the top of the cake.
- Top with raspberries.