No need for the artificial coloring of flavors with this all natural icing! You’ll get an amazing kick of strawberries with each bite. You can use this same reduction to flavor Italian meringue buttercream or Swiss meringue buttercream too! I have to mention that this buttercream pairs PERFECTLY with my fresh strawberry cupcakes!
If you’ve tried this frosting out then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Delicious Strawberry Buttercream made with fresh strawberries. Super easy and beyond addictive!
- 1 ½ cup strawberries hulled
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 lb confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- Add strawberries and lemon juice to a saucepan over medium heat.
- After the mixture heats up for a few minutes, mash the strawberries then allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture into a bowl. Cover and chill.
- Whip the butter for about 5 minutes using a paddle attachment (in a stand-up mixer)
- Beat in the confectioner’s sugar and add in about a ¼ cup of the strawberry reduction.
**You can add more or less of the strawberry reduction depending on the color/consistency desired.
If you're short on time of fresh fruit you can sub in strawberry jam. Just warm and strain it before adding.
If You Loved This Recipe Then Try These Out!