No need for the artificial coloring of flavors with this all natural icing! You’ll get an amazing kick of strawberries with each bite.
How to make Strawberry Buttercream.
- 1 ½ cup strawberries hulled
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 lb confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- Add strawberries and lemon juice to a saucepan over medium heat.
- After the mixture heats up for a few minutes, mash the strawberries then allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture into a bowl. Cover and chill.
- Whip the butter for about 5 minutes using a paddle attachment (in a stand-up mixer)
- Beat in the confectioner’s sugar and add in about a ¼ cup of the strawberry reduction.
**You can add more or less of the strawberry reduction depending on the color/consistency desired.