A great chocolate buttercream that will become your go to icing for many indulgent desserts. You can add vanilla and espresso for some added depth of flavor if desired.
An easy recipe for delicious chocolate buttercream.
- 1 lb confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 tbs heavy whipping cream
- ¼ Cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla optional
- 1 tsp espresso optional
- Whip the butter for about 5 minutes using a paddle attachment (in a stand-up mixer)
- Beat in the confectioner’s sugar slowly.
Add the cream.
- Slowly mix in the ¼ cup of cocoa powder.
You may add the optional vanilla and espresso at this step.
- Mix until you have a fluffy, even consistency.