A great chocolate buttercream that will become your go to icing for many indulgent desserts. You can add vanilla and espresso for some added depth of flavor if desired.
- 1 lb confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 tbs heavy whipping cream
- ¼ Cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla optional
- 1 tsp espresso optional
- Whip the butter for about 5 minutes using a paddle attachment (in a stand-up mixer)
- Beat in the confectioner’s sugar slowly.
Add the cream.
- Slowly mix in the ¼ cup of cocoa powder.
You may add the optional vanilla and espresso at this step.
- Mix until you have a fluffy, even consistency.