Fresh raspberries give this buttercream a wonderful zing and a beautiful soft pink color with no artificial coloring! Skip down to my Pro Tips if you’re in a hurry but still want all that deliciousness for your next dessert.
Steps to make raspberry buttercream
How do you make raspberry buttercream?
- Add the raspberries, lemon juice and sugar to a medium pot. Muddle and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Strain the mixture and chill.
- Cream room temperature butter.
- Sift in powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add in cooled berry reduction a tablespoon at a time until desired taste and color is achieved.
- Mix until combined.
HOW DO I THIN OUT Raspberry BUTTERCREAM?
If you want to thin out the frosting, you’ll want to add in some extra cream, milk, lemon juice or raspberry reduction depending on the taste and color you would like to end up wit . I recommend mixing in a tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
HOW LONG CAN YOU LEAVE OUT BUTTERCREAM FROSTING?
You can leave out buttercream frosting for overnight if covered. If the buttercream contains cream cheese, then it should always be refrigerated for it to remain safe to eat. Buttercream that contains dairy will spoil more quickly so should be refrigerated after a few hours.
Pro Tips for Making Raspberry Buttercream
- If your butter isn’t room temp just cut the sticks into a few slices and microwave on 50% power in 5 second bursts. Flip the butter with every burst.
- In a RUSH? You can get a similar flavor by using the juice from thawed frozen raspberries OR by placing raspberries and a little lemon juice in a blender and straining the juice.
- If you like things less sweet try incorporating this raspberry reduction into Swiss or Italian meringue buttercreams. You will love the result.
- Be careful when adding the reduction in. The buttercream will become thinner in consistency and you mayhave trouble building a layer cake with it etc.
If you like this buttercream try these recipes out!
If you’ve tried this raspberry buttercream recipe then don’t forget to leave a rating and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
This raspberry buttercream made from fresh berries with a touch of lemon is bright zingy and has a beautiful NATURAL color perfect for almost any dessert.
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 lb confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
Add raspberries and lemon juice to a saucepan over medium heat. After the mixture heats up for a few minutes, mash the raspberries then allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Strain mixture into a bowl. Cover and chill.
Cream the room temperature butter for a few minutes.
Beat in the confectioner’s sugar and add in a tablespoon at a time of the raspberry reduction until the desires color and consistency is reached. I usually end up using 1/4 cup.
**You can add more or less of the raspberry reduction depending on the color/consistency desired.