There are times when you want a treat that tasty and cute but won’t give you a sugar crash/ immediate sense of regret, afterward. Or is that just me? Under these circumstances, SMALLER is definitely BETTER. Let’s make some mini-cupcakes. Who’s in?
Mini but delicious and moist vanilla cupcakes!
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar if you like your cupcakes very sweet, add a little more.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375f and line muffin cups with papers.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add flour (mixed with baking powder and salt) alternating with milk beat well; stir in vanilla.
- Divide evenly among pans and bake on center rack for 18 minutes or until a wooden skewer removes cleanly.
- Let the mini-cupcakes cool in pan.
Whisk the cocoa powder into the melted butter. Add the milk and vanilla, and whisk until frothy. Make sure the cocoa powder has completely dissolved.
Work the powdered sugar into the liquids a little at a time until fully incorporated using an electric mixer.
The frosting should be thick but spreadable. You can add more powdered sugar for a thicker consistency. I left mine on the thinner side as I did not plan on piping the icing.
- Decorate with sprinkles if desired 🙂