Marshmallows and chocolate go hand-in-hand. These cookies are a match made in Heaven! They’re fun to make, DELICIOUS straight out of the oven and hard to stop eating. Who doesn’t like gooey marshmallow with melted chocolate all on a decadent cookie?! Not me!
Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
A tasty treat for all.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz semisweet baking chocolate cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 large marshmallows cut in half
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and the 12 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips. Stir constantly until just melted. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes to slightly cool.
- Beat chocolate mixture with sugar, eggs, and vanilla
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix on low speed just until combined. Cover bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Beat with an electric hand-mixer, on medium speed just until blended. Beat in the cooled chocolate mixture just until combined.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Scoop and drop the cookie dough by the tablespoon, onto the prepared cookie sheets. You should fit 12 cookies per sheet, and make sure to space them at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes.
- Top cookies with chocolate pieces. Remove cookies from oven and place one piece of chocolate on the center top of each cookie.
- Top with marshmallows. Cut marshmallows in half, then top each chocolate with one-half marshmallow. Place cookies back in oven and bake another 4 minutes so the marshmallows melt.
- Place cookies back in oven and bake another 4 minutes so the marshmallows melt. Sprinkle with grated semisweet chocolate and allow to cool.
Melt chocolate and butter.
This amazing recipe via Stepable